Jobs in Canada
Autobody repairer needed in Canada by PEINTURE AUTO MICHAEL INC
Motor vehicle body repairers repair and restore damaged motor vehicle body parts and interior finishing; repaint body surfaces; and repair and/or replace automotive glass. They are employed by automobile dealerships, automobile body repair shops and automobile appraisal centres.
- Location: Laval, QC
- Salary: $22.00 to $35.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- To be determined
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a highly capable, dexterous auto body technician to join our expanding team. The auto body technician’s responsibilities include liaising with customers to ascertain their needs, performing restorations and modifications, and observing safety regulations. You should provide a pleasant, efficient service to customers throughout this process.
To ensure success as an auto body technician, you should be able to operate all pertinent equipment with ease. An outstanding auto body technician will recommend additional services that may be valuable to customers.
Auto Body Technician Responsibilities:
- Speaking to customers to gauge what work ought to be done.
- Performing diagnostic assessments to ensure that all issues have been detected, and that the customer is willing to have these remedied.
- Wearing safety gear and conducting work in a safe manner.
- Performing cost estimations and clearing these with customers before proceeding with work.
- Restoring vehicles to their original condition, or better, by repairing, replacing, and upgrading features of their exterior.
- Customizing vehicles according to customers’ preferences, as requested.
- Ensuring that each vehicle is roadworthy upon completion of the job.
- Returning vehicles to their owners.
- Checking to see that issues have been resolved to customers’ satisfaction.
Auto Body Technician Requirements:
- Proven experience as an auto body technician.
- Formal training as an auto body technician will be advantageous.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant safety guidelines.
- Basic arithmetic skills.
- Physically fit with exceptional manual dexterity.
- Observant and meticulous.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
English or French
- No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- In shop
- File, grind and sand body surfaces to be repaired
- Hammer out dents, buckles and defects using blocks and hammers
- Operate soldering equipment or use plastic filler to fill holes, dents and seams
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Motor Vehicle Body Repairer Trade Certification
Experience and specialization
Area of work experience
- Body components
- Doors and frame
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Team player
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
514-928-7569 Between 08:00 AM and 06:30 PM
22 RUE DE CASSIS
H7N 1A7 Between 09:00 AM and 06:00 PM