Also known as PC technicians or desktop support technicians, computer technicians are tasked with maintaining computer systems, troubleshooting errors, maintaining internet connectivity, running diagnostic tests, maintaining servers, repairing computer hardware, and providing technical support.
- Location: North Bay, ON
- Salary: $17.60 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a motivated computer technician to manage, monitor, and repair our computer systems. In this role, you will be required to diagnose and repair problems, install software patches and upgrades, monitor networks and servers, manage data security, and ensure that our computer systems are optimized and run efficiently.
To be successful as a computer technician, you should possess excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills, extensive technical knowledge, and good task management abilities. A top-notch computer technician should be able to optimize systems’ efficiency, improve network security, provide timely technical support, and introduce new technology to the organization.
Computer Technician Responsibilities:
- Setting up and installing new hardware and software systems.
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting computer issues.
- Maintaining hardware and software by conducting regular maintenance and updates.
- Identifying and resolving network, connectivity, and server issues.
- Upgrading firmware, software, and outdated hardware systems.
- Monitoring and maintaining security systems and installing updates.
- Providing technical support to users and resolving technical errors.
- Performing regular tests, upgrades, and backups.
- Preparing technical documents, such as error and maintenance reports.
- Creating user documents and providing training on new computer systems.
Computer Technician Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field.
- CompTIA A+, Linux+, or Cisco Certified Network Associate accreditation is preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience as a computer technician or in a similar role.
- Proficiency in computer operating systems, such as MS Windows, MAC OS, and Linux.
- Exceptional working knowledge of computer systems, including networks, servers, and system maintenance.
- Good understanding of computer equipment, including laptops, servers, printers, and routers.
- Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting abilities.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to stay up to date with the latest advancements in hardware and software.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- In shop
Experience and specialization
Type of service and repair
- Computers and peripherals
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Manual dexterity
- Overtime required
- Tight deadlines
- Work under pressure
- Client focus
- Team player
- Values and ethics
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply