Jobs in Canada
Front desk hotel clerk needed in Canada by Hotel Corner Brook
A Hotel Front Desk Agent is a professional who is responsible for greeting guests in an efficient and courteous manner. As the first face that many see upon arrival, the Hotel Front Desk Agent checks guests in and out of their rooms, distributes room keys, answers questions and processes payments for hotel services.
Hotel Front Desk Agent responsibilities include:
- Performing all check-in and check-out tasks
- Managing online and phone reservations
- Informing customers about payment methods and verifying their credit card data
- Location: Corner Brook, NL
- Salary: $15.00 hourly for 36 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
Part time leading to full time
- Day, Evening
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking for a Hotel Front Desk Agent to serve as our guests’ first point of contact and manage all aspects of their accommodation.
Hotel Front Desk Agent responsibilities include registering guests, managing reservations and providing information about rooms, rates and amenities. If you have a knack for customer service and work experience in the hotel industry, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will help create a pleasant and memorable stay for our guests.
- Perform all check-in and check-out tasks
- Manage online and phone reservations
- Inform customers about payment methods and verify their credit card data
- Register guests collecting necessary information (like contact details and exact dates of their stay)
- Welcome guests upon their arrival and assign rooms
- Provide information about our hotel, available rooms, rates and amenities
- Respond to clients’ complaints in a timely and professional manner
- Liaise with our housekeeping staff to ensure all rooms are clean, tidy and fully-furnished to accommodate guests’ needs
- Confirm group reservations and arrange personalized services for VIP customers and event attendees, like wedding guests
- Upsell additional facilities and services, when appropriate
- Maintain updated records of bookings and payments
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Hotel Front Desk Agent, Receptionist or similar role
- Experience with hotel reservations software, like Cloudbeds and RoomKeyPMS
- Understanding of how travel planning websites operate, like Booking and TripAdvisor
- Customer service attitude
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Degree in hotel management is a plus
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Hospitality industry
- Staff accommodation available
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Willing to relocate
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Process group arrivals and departures
- Take, cancel and change room reservations
- Provide information on hotel facilities and services
- Provide general information about points of interest in the area
- Investigate and resolve complaints and claims
- Process guests’ departures, calculate charges and receive payments
- Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Follow emergency and safety procedures
- Clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying)
- Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Handle wake-up calls
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Provide customer service
Experience and specialization
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- Database software
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Overtime required
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently a student?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
47 Main Street
Corner Brook, NL
A2H 6B9 Between 08:00 AM and 04:00 AM
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter