A Millwright, or Industrial Mechanic, is a professional who operates industrial machinery found in construction sites, factories, power plants, and other sectors. Their duties include installing equipment, repairing items, and transferring machinery to needed locations.
A millwright is in charge of installing and maintaining equipment used in multiple industries. Also referred to as a millwright service technician, their work includes installing, transferring, and repairing equipment and machinery. They work in factories, power plants, and other industrial sites.
- Location: Salmo, BC
- Salary: $43.50 to $46.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Long term benefits
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are searching for a talented and qualified millwright who has proven experience with industrial and construction equipment repairs. You will be responsible for dismantling machinery, transferring equipment, interpreting blueprints, and installing equipment.
The ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of hydraulics, belt systems, motors, and other industrial machine mechanisms essential for job procedures. Must be a team player with strong attention to detail. In this position, you should also be able to make decisions, troubleshoot, and perform repairs with little to no supervision.
- Disassemble and reassemble equipment for repair or transportation.
- Build the foundation for machines.
- Construct and install equipment such as shafting, conveyors and tram rails.
- Review and interpret engineering specifications, schematics, and blueprints to determine work procedures.
- Transfer equipment to the applicable site for maintenance to avoid contamination or safety hazards.
- Grind and file machinery parts.
- Supervise construction workers when using the equipment.
- Work with a range of hand tools including measuring tools, welding and brazing equipment.
- Determine which machines, techniques, and tools to use when moving equipment and completing jobs.
- Visit various construction sites.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a millwright or similar job.
- In-depth knowledge of construction equipment and machinery.
- Completion of an accredited millwright certificate program.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent mathematical skills.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Other trades certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
Work site environment
- Coach and instruct apprentices
- Detect and troubleshoot irregularities and malfunctions
- Repair or replace defective machinery parts
- Perform routine maintenance work on machinery
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Trade Certification
- Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Red Seal Endorsement
Experience and specialization
Equipment and machinery experience
- Hydraulic system
- Power tools
- Welding equipment
- Hand tools
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Standing for extended periods
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Team player
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Paramedical services coverage
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Pension plan
- Free parking available
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Veterans, Visible minorities
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
250-357-9479 Between 08:00 AM and 04:00 PM
8564 Hwy 6
V0G 1Z0 Between 09:00 AM and 04:00 PM