Jobs in Canada
Veterinarian, companion animals needed in Canada by Cypress View Veterinary Clinic Ltd.
These practitioners, also called small animal veterinarians, are sort of like primary care physicians who work with humans. Their day-to-day tasks can involve treating wounds, diagnosing illnesses, performing surgery, administering vaccines, and prescribing medications.
- Location: Medicine Hat, AB
- Salary: $96,000 to $120,000 annually for 40 to 44 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- To be determined
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Financial benefits
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
- Degree in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine or optometry
Experience an asset
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Canadian Veterinary Medical Association Certification
- Licensure by provincial or territorial authorities
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Eligible for professional liability insurance
- Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Fast-paced environment
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Repetitive tasks
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Values and ethics
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Wellness program
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of the requested certifications
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed