Builds rapport with customers and works to ensure they receive excellent service. Uses computer database to retrieve necessary customer information, inventory information, and purchase order status. Provides pricing, delivery, and other order information to customers. Order clerks take customer orders, document customer details, and check if there are supplies in stock. They ensure that the ordered goods are delivered within the time stipulated and at the quoted prices. They keep customers informed about the process of the order and make follow-up calls to check that the customer is satisfied.
- Location: Winnipeg, MB
- Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Term or contract
- Day, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
- Temporary work assignment
We are looking for a methodical order clerk to liaise with customers, document and process their orders, and ensure that the items are received on time. The order clerk’s responsibilities include quoting prices of the items ordered, finalizing shipping dates, preparing contracts, and dealing with customer complaints.
To be successful as an order clerk, you must verify customer and order information for accuracy, inform customers about shipping details, and recommend products or services that will meet customers’ needs. A top-notch order clerk will establish excellent customer relations and keep the clients informed about the status of their orders.
Order Clerk Responsibilities:
- Receiving orders from customers via mail, phone, or other electronic means.
- Obtaining customers’ details and billing information, and entering the information correctly on the order form.
- Notifying departments when supplies of items are low, or when orders could deplete available supplies.
- Informing customers about prices, shipping dates, and anticipated delays.
- Preparing invoices, shipping documents, and contracts.
- Forwarding information to the correct departments for delivery of the order.
- Inspecting outgoing orders to ensure compliance with customer specifications.
- Reviewing orders for completeness and forwarding incomplete orders for further processing.
- Liaising with production, sales, shipping, warehouse, or delivery personnel to trace or accelerate shipments.
- Recommending merchandise or services that will meet or improve upon customers’ needs.
Order Clerk Requirements:
- A high school diploma or GED.
- Prior work experience in a similar field is preferred.
- SAP MM experience is preferred.
- Computer literacy, including word processing, spreadsheet software, and database applications.
- Willingness to receive on-the-job training
- An excellent rapport with customers.
- The ability to handle customer complaints in a professional and calm manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical thinking, and excellent attention to detail.
- Superb time management skills and the ability to coordinate team activities.
English or French
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Business sector
- Access and process information
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns
- Answer inquiries and provide information to customers
- Arrange for billing for services
- Arrange for refunds and credits
- Explain the type and cost of services offered
- Issue receipts and other forms
- Perform general office duties
- Receive and log complaints
- Receive payments
Experience and specialization
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- MS Excel
- MS Outlook
- MS Windows
- MS Word
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.