Job Vacancy in Canada
Painter needed in Canada by Excellent Painting
A Painter is a professional who helps prepare surfaces, mix paints for different needs, and apply them with brushes or rollers to fill in cracks or apply color on walls and other objects around a home, such as furniture pieces or doors. Painters apply paint, stain, and coatings to walls or ceilings. Although their duties are relatively direct, they need to be precise and efficient in their work. They work indoors in buildings and outdoors on structures like bridges.
Painter responsibilities include:
- Reading blueprints/instructions and examining surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
- Making on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
- Preparing walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
- Location: 2707 – 24 Street NWEdmonton, ABT6T 0A6
- Salary: $25.00 hourly for 32 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Weekend
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 3 vacancies
We are looking for a skilled Painter to paint the interior and exterior of structures, buildings and other surfaces. Your job will be important since good painting has both practical and aesthetic benefits.
An excellent painter is knowledgeable in selecting the right material for their job. They have experience in painting with various tools and in various heights and spaces while observing all safety measures. They must be reliable and deft as well as possess great attention to detail in completing their duties.
The goal is to deliver high-quality painting work.
- Read blueprints/instructions and examine surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
- Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
- Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster)
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture
- Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools
- Apply varnish and other finishes
- Calculate costs and negotiate prices
- Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a painter
- Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix and apply them
- Solid knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques
- Aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, caulking guns etc.)
- Good basic math skills
- Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding, ladders etc.
- Conscientious with great attention to detail
- High school diploma; successful completion of an apprenticeship
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
- Various locations
- Prepare, clean and sand surfaces to be painted
- Repair cracks and holes
- Mix paint to desired colour and texture
- Advise consumers on colours and choice of wall coverings
- Apply paint, wallpaper and other materials and finishes to interior and exterior surfaces
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply