Jobs in Canada
Warehouse person needed in Canada by National Tire Distributors
Warehouse workers work in warehouses where they receive, unpack, arrange and store goods, and gather, pack, prepare and load goods for dispatching. Warehouse workers check stock for damage and wear, report faults and discrepancies to relevant parties, and mark and label stock.
A Warehouse Worker is a professional who is an integral part of any business that stores and processes orders or products. They oversee receiving and processing of incoming stock, picking orders from the warehouse stock and managing them.
- Location: 1602 Tricont Avenue suite Unit 1Whitby, ONL1N 7C3
- Salary: $18.00 hourly for 20 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Evening, Shift
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits, Financial benefits
- Vacancies: 3 vacancies
We are looking for an energetic warehouse worker to receive and dispatch merchandise to and from our warehouse. The warehouse worker will load and unload outgoing and incoming delivery vehicles. You will select products from the warehouse, load and secure goods to pallets, move inventory to delivery area, and load merchandise. You will unload stock from delivery vehicles, and transport to and store in designated warehouse positions. You will keep your work environment clean and tidy at all times, and comply with all relevant safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
To ensure success you need the ability to follow instructions and operate in an orderly manner. Preferred applicants are hard-working, focused and have outstanding problem-solving skills.
Warehouse Worker Responsibilities:
- Ensuring cleanliness, tidiness and safety of work environment.
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles.
- Accepting delivery of inventory.
- Counting and confirming inventory.
- Inspecting inventory for damage and faults.
- Communicating errors to relevant parties.
- Marking and labeling stock.
- Storing inventory in accessible manner.
- Loading and wrapping stock on pallets.
- Building loads with forklift and electronic pallet jack.
Warehouse Worker Requirements:
- 18 years of age or older.
- Work experience as general laborer, preferably in warehouse.
- Ability to operate forklift proficiently.
- Completion of background investigation and drug screening.
- Strong people skills.
- Good moral character.
- Physically strong, agile and dexterous, and undeterred by heights and adverse climatic conditions.
- Positive work history and ability to maintain solid attendance.
- Available to work extended hours.
English or French
- No degree, certificate or diploma
1 to less than 7 months
Work site environment
- At heights
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Life insurance
- Other benefits
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
1602 Tricont Avenue suite Unit 1
L1N 7C3 Between 08:00 AM and 04:00 AM