Job Vacancy in Canada
Furniture mover needed in Canada by Northline Group
Movers are professionals who move furniture from one location to another for residential and commercial customers. Movers are manual labor workers who help customers in their businesses or homes by transporting items from one place to another. The primary responsibility of a Mover is to ensure no items are damaged while moving. They need to load, unload, pack items with care, wrap the furniture in protective material and take inventory throughout the day.
- Location: Whitehorse, YT
- Salary: $25.00 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Overtime, On Call, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a Mover to join our team and help load and unload furniture and other items between various locations.
Mover responsibilities include loading and unloading furniture from our moving trucks and ensuring that all items are moved undamaged.
Ultimately, you will work with a team of other Movers to pack and unpack client homes while following all established procedures and protecting the furniture and other home goods from damage.
A good Mover must be physically fit since they are required to lift heavy objects and stand on their feet for long periods of time. They also need to be detail-oriented since they must deliver objects undamaged and log inventory throughout the day.
- Deliver and set-up furniture inside client homes, as required or requested
- Respond to inquiries and requests from clients in a professional manner
- Collect furniture from residential or commercial locations
- Protect all donated furniture from damage through established best practices
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Mover or similar role
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy objects throughout the day
- Punctual and professional attitude
- A high school qualification or equivalent would be preferable
- A valid driver’s license would be advantageous
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Mover
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
1 to less than 7 months
Work site environment
- Various locations
- Urban area
- Moving and storage company
- Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or with basic material handling equipment
- Operate a variety of equipment to load, unload and move materials and products
- Make labels and attach to goods
- Provide customer service
- Wrap goods
- Pack and unpack goods
- Sort, crate and stack goods
- Install, lash and secure goods
- Store cargo and materials
- Transport and distribute materials and goods
- Organize and maintain inventory
Experience and specialization
Vehicle and equipment experience
- Dollies and hand trucks
- Light trucks
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Positive attitude
- Quick learner
- Time management
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter