A Key Holder, or Retail Key Holder, opens and closes a store and performs other administrative duties in a retail setting. Their main duties include assisting customers when needed, making sure the store is organized, neat and tidy and ensuring the alarm system is working properly.
Key holders are administrative personnel who are tasked with opening and closing a store and performing various administrative duties. Their primary responsibilities include assisting with customer service, ensuring that the store is clean and organized and managing the alarm system.
- Location: Halifax, NS
- Salary: $14.58 hourly for 12 to 25 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Flexible Hours
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Financial benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for highly responsible candidates with good people skills for the position of key holder. Key holders are responsible for ensuring that the store is clean and organized, assisting cashiers in periods of high customer volume and managing the alarm system, including setting and disarming it, among other duties.
The Key Holder will need to be the first person at the store and the last one to leave, requiring a high level of conscientiousness and responsibility.
Key Holder Responsibilities:
- Arriving early to open the store and start preparations for the day.
- Leaving late to close the store.
- Assisting with customer service.
- Ensuring that the store is clean and organized.
- Managing the alarm system, including setting and disarming it.
- Ensuring that the security system is in working order.
- Assisting cashiers in periods of high customer volume.
- Supervising the cleaning and delivery staff and overseeing them outside of business hours.
- Identifying problems with working conditions and reporting them to management.
- Offering support and training to new employees.
- Performing product demonstrations to customers.
- Assuming managerial responsibilities in the event of management absentees.
- Responding to emails and phone calls.
Key Holder Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3+ years retail experience.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Presentable demeanor and friendly nature.
- Diligent and responsible attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
7 months to less than 1 year
- Retail business
- 3-4 people
- Retail salespersons and sales clerks
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Handling heavy loads
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply