Also known as manicurists or pedicurists, nail technicians provide manicures, pedicures, and various nail treatments based on clients’ nail care needs and preferences. They are either self-employed or work in salons, spas, barbershops or nail studios.
- Location: Ottawa, ON
- Salary: $15.00 to $18.00 hourly for 15 to 25 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Financial benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a Nail Technician to provide nail care treatments to our customers based on their needs and preferences.
Nail Technician responsibilities include polishing fingernails and toenails, painting designs and applying gel and acrylic nails. If you’re up-to-date with nail art techniques and know how to provide excellent customer service, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will help us boost our reputation by offering personalized services to our clients.
- Paint fingernails and toenails
- Clean, cut and shape nails
- Recommend colors, rhinestones and designs based on each customer’s style
- Remove previously applied polish
- Prepare and clean beauty station in-between appointments
- Sterilize equipment before use
- Inform clients about additional services and offers (e.g. loyalty discounts, eyebrow waxing)
- Give hand and foot massages
- Offer nail care treatment tips (e.g. how to strengthen nails and how to make manicures last longer)
- Up-sell treatments and beauty products, when appropriate
- Take an interest in customers (e.g. chatting with them during appointments and remembering their preferences)
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Nail Technician, Manicurist or similar role
- Expertise in basic and advanced nail techniques, including french manicures, airbrushing and gel manicures
- Knowledge of cosmetology trends
- Understanding of sanitation and sterilization standards
- Experience in customer service
- High school diploma
- Certification in Cosmetology or Nail Art is a plus
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Clean, trim and polish nails
- Nail art technics
- Provide gel and acrylic nail extensions
Experience and specialization
Area of work experience
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Client focus
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter