Jobs in Canada
Nanny needed in Canada by Tiffany Rolland
A Nanny is a childcare professional who takes care of children at the home of their clients. They do this by completing household chores, transporting them and preparing meals.
- Location: Montréal-Ouest, QC
- Salary: $14.25 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Term or contract (ending: 2024-11-01)
- Day, Evening, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as 2022-11-01
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a Nanny to join our team and provide excellent childcare to our clients’ families.
What do Nannies do?
As a Nanny, you’ll take care of children, keep them safe and clean, plan meals for them and organize creative and educational activities based on their age. Occasionally, you’ll need to pick them up from school or other extracurricular activities.
If you love working – and playing – with children and, also feel comfortable handling the less appealing tasks, such as changing diapers and tidying up children’s rooms, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll reassure parents that, even when they’re not around, their children remain in a safe and pleasant environment.
- Organize creative activities and educational games (e.g. drawing, crafting and puppet games)
- Prepare children’s meals and feed them (including bottle-feeding for babies)
- Change diapers and bathe infants
- Help older children wash up and take baths
- Schedule nap times
- Teach children appropriate social behaviors, such as being respectful to each other and helping out with chores
- Transport children to and from school and extracurricular activities
- Tidy up play areas and children’s rooms
- Assist young students with homework
- Ensure children’s safety during indoors and outdoors activities
- Take care of children in case of injury or illness
- Perform housekeeping tasks as needed
- Work with parents to ensure children’s growth and social development
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience as a Nanny or Babysitter
- Excellent understanding of child development in different age stages
- Ability to come up with creative ideas to educate and engage children
- Multitasking skills
- A pleasant and patient personality
- Availability to work in shifts, during weekends, in the evenings and occasionally full days
- A clean driving license
- High school diploma; further training in child development is a plus
- First aid certification is a plus
English or French
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
Work site environment
- Scent free
- Employer’s home
- Optional accommodation available at no charge on a live-in basis. Note: This is NOT a condition of employment
- Urban area
- Work in employer’s/client’s home
- Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Travel with family on trips and assist with child supervision and housekeeping duties
- Wash, iron and press clothing and household linens
- Bathe, dress and feed infants and children
- Discipline children according to the methods requested by the parents
- Instruct children in personal hygiene and social development
- Keep records of daily activities and health information regarding children
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Organize, activities such as games and outings for children
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Prepare infants and children for rest periods
- Sterilize bottles, prepare formulas and change diapers for infants
- Supervise and care for children
- Take children to and from school and to appointments
- Tend to emotional well-being of children
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- First Aid Certificate
Experience and specialization
- Toddler to pre-school (1 – 3 years)
- Kindergarten age (4 – 5 years)
Security and safety
- Child Abuse Registry check
- Criminal record check
- Drug test
- Medical exam
- Reference required
- Vulnerable sector check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Overtime required
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Work under pressure
- Up to 9 kg (20 lbs)
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- References attesting experience