Jobs in Canada
Tire technician needed in Canada by Coast Tire & Auto Service Ltd
A Tire Technician is a professional who assesses tread levels and valve quality on tires, checks wear patterns to determine how much life is left in the tire before it needs replacement, and re-treads a vehicle’s tires.
Tire Technician responsibilities include:
- Inspecting and assessing tire tread levels, wear patterns, valve quality and overall health
- Recommending and applying appropriate repair treatment or replacement of tires
- Talking to the customer about any issues they are experiencing
- Location: 409 University Ave.Charlottetown, PEC1A 4N7
- Salary: $20.00 to $24.00 hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Weekend, Overtime, On Call
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Long term benefits, Financial benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a Tire Technician to join our team to provide customers with hands-on experience with all sorts of tires, from large truck sizes right down through to light truck and car sizes.
A Tire Technician’s responsibilities include changing tires on vehicles throughout the year based on the needs of their customers.
You will also work directly with customers to understand their needs, identify the right tire for them and install the tires on their vehicle.
- Inspect tires on vehicles before and after installation
- Perform tire rotations, balancing and other maintenance tasks
- Follow all safety protocols while working in the shop
- Provide excellent customer service
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Tire Technician or similar role
- Some professional experience removing and installing tires preferred
- Team player to work with other team members
- Attention to detail to install tires properly
- Customer service-oriented to ensure customers are satisfied with their purchase
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
Experience an asset
Work site environment
- Confined spaces
- Willing to relocate
- Rural area
- In shop
- Urban area
- Add or replace hydraulic and transmission fluids
- Assist mechanics and perform other duties as directed
- Grease booms, pulleys, buckets and other components of heavy equipment
- Provide on-site services
- Repair and balance tires
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Tire, wheel and rim mechanic
Experience and specialization
- Commercial vehicle wheels
Security and safety
- Driver’s validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Fast-paced environment
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Manual dexterity
- Overtime required
- Physically demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Team player
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Life insurance
- Other benefits
- Pension plan
- Free parking available
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
409 University Ave.
C1A 4N7 Between 08:00 AM and 05:00 PM