Jobs in Canada
Barista needed in Canada by FeliciThe
A Barista is a professional who makes and serves beverages such as coffee, tea and specialty beverages. They are responsible for taking customer orders and payments. They also clean and sanitize their work areas, seating areas and equipment/tools.
A Barista warmly welcomes customers into their establishment. They create and serve hot or cold beverages, often tailored to the customer’s preferences. They are responsible for taking customer orders and payments. They also clean and sanitize their work areas, seating areas and equipment/tools.
- Location: 62b Boul Salaberry SChâteauguay, QCJ6J 4J3
- Salary: $14.25 to $15.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Term or contract
- Day, Evening, Weekend
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits, Financial benefits
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking for a Barista to prepare and serve hot and cold beverages, including various types of coffee and tea.
Barista responsibilities include educating customers on our drinks menu, making recommendations based on their preferences, up-selling special items and taking orders. To be successful in this role, you should have customer service skills and knowledge of how brewing equipment operates. You should also be able to work various shifts. Note: this position’s compensation includes salary and tips.
Ultimately, you’ll ensure an excellent drinking experience for our guests.
- Greet customers as they enter
- Give customers drink menus and answer their questions regarding ingredients
- Take orders while paying attention to details (e.g. preferences of coffee blend, dairy and sugar ratios)
- Prepare beverages following recipes
- Serve beverages and prepared food, like cookies, pastries and muffins
- Receive and process payments (cash and credit cards)
- Keep the bar area clean
- Maintain stock of clean mugs and plates
- Check if brewing equipment operates properly and report any maintenance needs
- Comply with health and safety regulations
- Communicate customer feedback to managers and recommend new menu items
Requirements and skills
- Previous work experience as a Barista or Waiter/Waitress
- Hands-on experience with brewing equipment
- Knowledge of sanitation regulations
- Flexibility to work various shifts
- Basic math skills
- Ability to gauge customers’ preferences
- Excellent communication skills
- High school diploma; relevant training is a plus
English or French
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Package take-out food
- Prepare, heat and finish simple food items
- Stock refrigerators and salad bars
- Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment
- Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas
- Remove kitchen garbage and trash
- Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently a student?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
62b Boul Salaberry S
J6J 4J3 Between 10:00 AM and 07:00 PM