Jobs in Canada
Baker needed in Canada by Double Double Strathmore Ltd
A Baker, or Pastry Chef, is in charge of preparing baked goods for sale to customers. Their duties include creating recipes, ordering ingredients and coordinating baking schedules to produce breads, cakes, pastries, pies, cookies and other goods.
A Baker is a professional who prepares and develops baked goods to add to a bakery’s menu. They may also decorate various pies using pastry bags and prepare garnishes as needed when baking cakes, pastries, and many other dishes.
- Location: Strathmore, AB
- Salary: $16.00 hourly for 30 to 44 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Early Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Long term benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a Baker to prepare different types of bread and a wide range of pastries, like cookies, cakes and pies.
Baker responsibilities include opening the bakery early in the morning, mixing dough, preparing fillings and glazing pastries. To be successful in this role, you should have work experience as a Baker and be able to decorate cakes using creative techniques.
Ultimately, you will make sure we offer fresh and delicious goods to our customers on a daily basis.
- Open the bakery early in the morning
- Clean kitchen equipment and tools before use
- Weigh flour and other ingredients to prepare dough
- Bake different bread types, like pretzels, baguettes and multigrain breads
- Adjust oven temperatures to ensure proper baking
- Mix various ingredients to create fillings for cakes and pies (e.g. chocolate ganache, caramel sauce and fruits)
- Decorate cakes with glazes, icings, buttercream and edible toppings, like flowers
- Shape dough to prepare different types of pastries, including croissants, cookies and sweet rolls
- Prepare custom-made pastries based on customers’ preferences (e.g. birthday cakes)
- Recommend recipes to renew our menu and attract more customers (e.g. gluten-free or vegan desserts)
- Track food supplies and place orders, as needed
Requirements and skills
- Experience as a Baker, Pastry Chef or similar role
- Familiarity with all professional kitchen equipment, including mixers, blenders and dough sheeters
- Understanding of food safety practices
- Experience with cake decoration techniques
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment
- Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude
- Flexibility to work in early morning shifts
- Certification from a culinary school is a plus
- No degree, certificate or diploma
1 year to less than 2 years
- Ensure that the quality of products meets established standards
- Inspect kitchen and food service areas
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Work under pressure
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Learning/training paid by employer
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply