As a Poultry Catcher you’ll be a member of a team travelling to a number of poultry farms on a daily basis and catching live birds, and loading them safely into module drawers for shipment.
You and the other team members will report to a Foreperson who makes sure that all of the work is carried out efficiently and on schedule, with the welfare of the birds a prime concern.
- Location: 4544 Salmon River RoadArmstrong, BCV0E 1B4
- Salary: $19.23 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 5 vacancies
There are a variety of tasks associated with the role of Catcher:
- Preparing module drawers for the receipt of birds
- Using Personal Protective Equipment properly
- Ensuring high standards of hygiene at all times
- Following all onsite rules for bio-security, Health & Safety etc.
- Assisting with the selection and catching of birds
- Catching and restraining birds in compliance with welfare rules and making sure that they undergo minimum levels of stress
- Ensuring that birds are loaded properly into module drawers
- Helping to load and unload birds
- Accurate record keeping
- Taking instruction from Foreperson at all times
- No degree, certificate or diploma
- Monitoring animal health
- Feed and tend animals
- Detect disease and health problems in crops, livestock and poultry
- Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
- Write daily basic progress reports
- Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns, pens and chicken coops
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply