Helping patients with hygiene, such as using the bathroom, bathing, brushing teeth and dressing. Assisting patients with meals by feeding them. Monitoring general health and vital signs and reporting to RN.
A Nursing Assistant works in nursing homes, hospitals and other facilities to provide general care for patients who can’t get around on their own or with help from family members.
- Location: Vernon, BC
- Salary: $25.83 hourly for 37.5 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a Nursing Assistant to join our team and help our patients with daily activities such as eating, dressing and bathing as needed.
Nursing Assistant responsibilities include providing basic services to patients throughout the day who have difficulties with mobility or cognitive skills.
Ultimately, you will work directly with patients to provide various services to assist them with basic needs and maintain their wellbeing as needed.
- Help patients use the bathroom
- Clean and bathe patients or residents
- Maintain patients’ hygiene and change bedding
- Turn, reposition and move patients between wheelchairs, seats and beds
- Serve meals and help patients eat their food
- Measure vital signs like blood pressure and temperature
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Nursing Assistant or similar role
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great written and verbal communication
- Ability to carefully read and follow directions
- Flexibility in work duties and schedule
- Good teamwork skills
- Ability to lift and move patients
- Good foundation of clinical skills and knowledge
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Nursing Assistant
- Other trades certificate or diploma
1 to less than 7 months
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter