Jobs in Canada
Recruiting officer needed in Canada by Explorer Group Canada Ltd.
Recruitment officers are responsible for sourcing, interviewing and hiring new employees. They work with a variety of companies—from small businesses to multinational corporations—to fill job openings in a range of industries. Recruitment officers typically have a deep knowledge of the industry they’re working in.
Also known as a technical recruiter and human resources specialist, a recruiter is responsible for attracting suitable candidates for open job positions and assessing their relevant knowledge and experience. The recruiter remains up-to-date on the requirements of the various positions in the company and acts as an advocate for new and established employees.
- Location: Unit 408, 3414 Gateway Blvd.Edmonton, ABT6J 6R5
- Salary: $35.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Weekend, Flexible Hours, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a dedicated recruiter to join our HR team in identifying hiring needs and filling job openings. The responsibilities of a recruiter include identifying future hiring needs, designing job descriptions, sourcing candidates through databases and social media, conducting interviews, filing paperwork, and keeping abreast of employment law and legislation. You should also monitor new and existing employees and act as their advocate.
A successful recruiter has excellent interpersonal skills, is organized and detail-oriented, remains up-to-date with employment legislature, and keeps informed in company hiring and internship programs. A good recruiter can assess candidates’ skills, experience, and relevant knowledge and compare them to job requirements.
- Identifying future hiring needs and developing job descriptions and specifications.
- Collaborating with department managers to compile a consistent list of requirements.
- Attracting suitable candidates through databases, online employment forums, social media, etc.
- Conducting interviews and sorting through applicants to fill open positions.
- Assessing applicants’ knowledge, skills, and experience to best suit open positions.
- Completing paperwork for new hires.
- Promoting the company’s reputation and attractiveness as a good employment opportunity.
- Managing internship programs.
- Keeping up-to-date on current employment legislation and regulations and enforcing them within the company.
- Providing recruitment reports to team managers.
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources.
- The ability to conduct different types of interviews.
- Experience with recruitment processes and databases.
- The ability to design and implement recruiting strategies.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good decision-making skills.
- A working knowledge of employment law and legislation.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
- Identify current and prospective staffing requirements
- Prepare and post notices and advertisements
- Collect and screen applicants
- Advise job applicants on employment requirements and terms and conditions of employment
- Review candidate inventories
- Contact potential applicants to arrange interviews
- Notify applicants of results of selection process and prepare job offers
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- MS Word
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply