Jobs in Canada
Web designer needed in Canada by Peaceful Media Ltd.
Web designers plan, create and code internet sites and web pages, many of which combine text with sounds, pictures, graphics and video clips. A web designer is responsible for creating the design and layout of a website or web pages. It and can mean working on a brand new website or updating an already existing site.
A Web Designer is a professional who works for corporations across industries, but they can also be employed by web design agencies or self-employed individuals. Their job entails monitoring user feedback and performing routine updates to website layouts as needed; this may include coding new pages with particular care when necessary – all in order that the company’s brand identity remains intact.
Web Designers work to create the look and feel for websites. They’re responsible for coding web pages or entire sites, meeting with clients to review template designs and refine their final product, as well as running tests that preview how these changes will affect layout/design features on their client’s webpage before it’s released.
Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
Conceptualizing original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks
- Location: Vancouver, BC
- Salary: $24.00 to $25.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
Conceptualize original website design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks
Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas
Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Web Designer
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design or a Visual Arts subject
- Bachelor’s degree
Experience an asset
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience