Jobs in Canada
Welder needed in Canada by FlareTech Inc.
A Welder, or Brazer, is responsible for assembling pieces of metal together or repairing damage in metal components using heavy machinery that emits high heat, melting the metal into shape. Their duties include reviewing blueprints, cutting metal into the appropriate shape and smoothing molten metal to remove creases
- Reading blueprints and drawings and taking measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determining the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Setting up components for welding according to specifications
- Location: Stettler, AB
- Salary: $45.00 to $50.00 hourly for 60 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits
- Vacancies: 6 vacancies
We are looking for a skilled Welder to cut and join metals and other materials at our facilities or construction sites. You will operate appropriate equipment to put together mechanical structures or parts with a great deal of precision. Your job is important as it provides the foundation for strong infrastructure.
A welder must be competent in using potentially dangerous equipment following all safety precautions. The ideal candidate will also have a steady hand and great attention to detail. Knowledge of different kinds of metal and their properties is essential.
- Read blueprints and drawings and take or read measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determine the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Set up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Align components using calipers, rulers etc. and clamp pieces
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Repair machinery and other components by welding pieces and filling gaps
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as welder
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MMA etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (saws, squares, calipers etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents and drawings
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Deftness and attention to detail
- Proficient in English
- Successful completion of a relevant apprenticeship program is required
- Professional Certification (e.g. an AWS welding certificate) will be a plus
- Other trades certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
The employer stated that this is a green job because the position:
- Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes
- Interpret welding process specifications
- Operate manual or semi-automatic, fully automated welding equipment
- Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings specifications, manuals and processes
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment
- Operate brakes, shears and other metal shaping, straightening and bending machines
- Fit, braze and torch-straighten metal
- Operate previously set-up welding machines to fabricate or repair metal parts and products
- Maintain and perform minor repairs on welding, brazing and soldering equipment
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Pressure Welding Certification
Experience and specialization
Type of materials
- Plasma coatings
- Stainless steel
- Steel, iron and heavy metals
- Shielded metal arc welding (SMAW)
- Gas metal arc welding (GMAW)
Equipment and machinery experience
- Brazing machine
Area of specialization
- Pressure vessels
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Welding helmet
- Team player
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Site 39127 RR 19-3
T0C 2L0 Between 07:00 AM and 05:00 PM