Develop and apply time and cost networks to plan, control, and review large projects. Develop business methods and procedures, including accounting systems, file systems, office systems, logistics systems, and production schedules.
- Location: Etobicoke, ON
- Salary: 41.35 hourly for 30 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
To conduct research and business management analysis to support the implementation of divisional initiatives in order to improve customer service delivery, business process re-engineering, program and service improvement. To identify opportunities to improve customer service delivery, capture business requirements, develop/ maintain documentation related to processes/procedures and conduct training in support of operations and system enhancement initiatives in the Unit/Section.
- Identifies a range of feasible options for operations, policies, technology, information systems and management practices, by conducting research and analysis on divisional programs and assessing the implications and viability for each option and recommending changes to improve service delivery.
- Oversees one or more projects associated with business systems or processes. Works with the management team to define the scope of operational projects and develops sub- project work plans and schedules. Oversees the implementation of sub-projects for Unit/Section initiatives.
- Develops options for policies, procedures, business process reviews, management practices and recommends changes to support management functions and improves efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery.
- Interviews, documents and facilitates business process, systems and data requirements. Holds review and re-engineering sessions with stakeholders.
- Develops and documents standard operating policies and procedures. Coordinates the implementation of identified change management initiatives, operational sub-projects and corresponding communication, documentation and training requirements for the Division.
- Leads and/or liaises with and participates in inter-divisional teams and staff working groups, committees and external groups.
- Assists in building and managing cooperative relationships with other divisions to ensure adequate resources are available to achieve the project goals.
- Prepares business cases, feasibility (including economic, organizational, operational, technical impact) studies, project charters/plans, business/functional/technical requirements, design documents, training strategies/plans and user documentation. Identifies, assesses, documents and assists in the implementation of business process re-engineering initiatives including evaluating financial alternatives, performing cost benefit analysis related to implementation of alternative service delivery.
- Prepares reports for the Manager, Director and Deputy City Manager, making recommendations on changes in business methods and processes including appropriate staffing levels and resource allocation and prepares sub-project plans and budgets to monitor expenditures and track costs to budget allocation.
- Leads requirements gathering sessions with business representatives to perform business process mapping & business needs analysis, including conducting interviews and needs assessments with stakeholders
- Provides and advises on business requirements related to contact centre technology solutions.
- Continually assess new solutions and evaluates processes to ensure that technology solutions continue to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Assesses, translates, and documents both technical and functional specifications. Liaises with Technology Service Division regarding ongoing systems issues.
- Contributes to the work involved in the design, build, testing, deployment and support of overseen initiatives.
- Prepares visual presentations, briefing materials and other documentation as required. Prepares business requirements documents that clearly define the business problems, business objectives and options/solutions.
- Provides presentation support and gives presentations as required. Coordinates front-line support for systems/solutions, applications, software and services. Provides support and troubleshooting services to users.
- Develops terms of reference and methodologies for review.
- Works in support of the goals of the Steering Committee and the Working Committee.
- Conducts financial analysis and determines key indicators to measure the effectiveness and efficiencies of service delivery methods and design processes to track those indicators. Identifies, assesses, documents and assists in the implementation of business process re-engineering initiatives including evaluating financial alternatives, performing cost benefit analysis related to implementation of alternative service delivery.
- Post-secondary education in business administration or public administration, business analysis, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience conducting and executing business process reviews to streamline and improve work efficiencies including preparing business process mapping.
- Experience working on multiple projects along with cross-functional teams, using formal project management methodology.
- Experience in preparing comprehensive reports, developing and presenting materials on various topics.
- Demonstrated analytical skills in assessing and reviewing business and service processes to identify options, best practices, and opportunities to improve service delivery to management, employees, and the public.
- Expertise on transformational change projects and initiatives with a significant impact on process, people and technology.
- Strong capacity for strategic thinking, managing complexity as well as strong and creative problem solving skills, and the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy, managing interpersonal relations.
- Ability to facilitate sessions to identify current and optimal processes, as well as identifying and gathering business requirements.
- Ability to conduct client journey mapping to establish a positive client experience, particularly in an employee service centre setting.
- Ability to research, conduct analysis and prepare reports to support project development activities and to conceptualize and develop options and recommendations to support decision making.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office products in order to create reports, spreadsheets, presentations (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) as well as other relevant application products to create work process materials (e.g. MS Project, Visio) and finance software (e.g. SAP/SuccessFactors).
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a high performing team in a demanding, fast paced and constantly changing environment.
- Highly developed communication skills with the ability to communicate both orally and in writing to all levels of the organization.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to establish effective working relationships with employees, management and with both internal and external stakeholders and clients.
- Familiarity with Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, collective agreements, Ontario Statues, including Occupational Health and Safety Act, employment standards, labour and human rights, and other applicable government legislation.
- Knowledge of collective bargaining scheduling frameworks would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of employee scheduling solutions, processes, procedures would be considered an asset.
Requirements and Responsibilities
Methods/Procedures Analyst I evaluates, maintains and improves efficiency of organization. Develops and implements new procedures, policies and paperwork to simplify and improve operations. Being a Methods/Procedures Analyst I determines need for new equipment. May require a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty. Additionally, Methods/Procedures Analyst I typically reports to a supervisor. To be a Methods/Procedures Analyst I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed.
1 year to less than 2 years
- Analyze and provide advice on the managerial methods and organization of an establishment
- Conduct research to determine efficiency and effectiveness of managerial policies and programs
- Propose improvements to methods, systems and procedures
- Conduct quality audits and develop quality management and quality assurance standards
- Plan the re-organization of operations
- Supervise staff
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS Access
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Outlook
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Large workload
- Overtime required
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply