Job Vacancy in Canada
Furniture packer needed in Canada by Merit Kitchens
The role of the Packer is responsible for packing, wrapping, list contents for inventory and load customer’s valuables for transportation and delivery. Furniture Pad (various types and sizes). Packers are workers who prepare finished products for packaging and shipment. They do so by checking that the items they need to pack are present before wrapping them securely according to company standards or requirements, then loading up the goods on pallets ready for shipping.
- Location: Surrey, BC
- Salary: 17.25 hourly for 33 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a Packer to join our team to ensure products are shipped quickly and safely.
Packers must also be able to seal each container, use hand tools and adhesives to protect the package from harm during transportation and observe all company safety standards.
Ultimately, you will work in a fast-paced environment, and you will be responsible for the wellbeing and accuracy of items shipped to our customers.
- Pack, weigh and label completed items for shipment or storage
- Follow all company guidelines regarding packaging to ensure items arrive at their destination
- Identify and dispose of defective items before they are shipped to customers
- Properly use packaging materials, including hand tools, glues, nails, padding, etc
- Keep complete records of all materials that go through the warehouse
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Packer or similar role
- Experience in manufacturing or related field is preferred
- Basic shop skills, such as using hand tools
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Strong communication skills and desire to work with other team members
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- No degree, certificate or diploma
1 to less than 7 months
Work site environment
- Furniture manufacturing company
- Transport raw materials, finished products and equipment throughout plant manually or using powered equipment
- Check and weigh materials and products
- Sort, pack, crate and package materials and products
- Assist machine operators, assemblers and other workers
- Perform other labouring and elemental activities
- Clean machines and immediate work areas
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
12185 86th ave