Job Vacancy in Canada
Pastry cook needed in Canada by Aquilini Thierry Limited Partnership
Also known as dessert chefs, pastry cooks specialize in creating confectionery and other pastry-based items in the food, hospitality, or retail industries. Their duties include baking traditional confectionary, contributing new items to pastry selections, and overseeing pastry section staff. They may also be required to maintain supply inventories.
- Location: Vancouver, BC
- Salary: 19.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Weekend, Shift, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits
- Vacancies: 3 vacancies
We are seeking a versatile pastry cook to impress our customers with delicious new pastry creations. As a pastry cook, you will liaise with the executive chef and other chefs to design seasonal menus. Your duties will include overseeing the baking of pastries for confectionary displays, scheduled events, and special requests.
To be successful as a pastry cook, you should be able to supervise pastry staff under stressful conditions and also have extensive experience in pastry baking. First-class Pastry Cooks use their natural flair to inspire other chefs and never fail to create impressive confections.
Pastry Cook Responsibilities:
- Consulting with the executive chef and other chefs to plan menus.
- Executing pastry orders for catered events and accommodating special requests.
- Demonstrating skill in baking pastries, desserts, cakes, cookies, sweets, and pies.
- Creating enticing confectionery decorations and delicious pastry fillings, as well as keeping abreast of new pastry baking techniques.
- Applying classic pastry baking techniques when preparing traditional pastries.
- Adding novel, creative, and delicious pastry items to the existing selection.
- Hiring, training, and supervising pastry section staff, as well as adhering to food industry regulations.
- Monitoring equipment and ensuring all specialized pastry baking tools are in working order.
- Maintaining the good running order of specialized pastry baking equipment.
- Preparing work schedules and keeping pastry section records.
Pastry Cook Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associate degree in baking and pastry arts, or similar preferred.
- Post-secondary vocational training at a culinary institution would be advantageous.
- 2 or more years of experience as a pastry cook, baker, or similar.
- Advanced knowledge of traditional pastry baking techniques.
- Creative ability in designing, decorating, and filling confectionery.
- Ability to coordinate with other chefs and manage pastry section staff.
- In-depth knowledge of food industry regulations.
- Flexible working hours, including weekends and evenings, when required.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Other trades certificate or diploma
- or equivalent experience
- Culinary arts/chef training
- Culinary science
- Culinary arts and related services, other
1 year to less than 2 years
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Cook (general)
- Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Prepare dough for pies, bread, rolls and sweet goods, batters for muffins, cookies and cakes and icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Life insurance
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply