Primary school teachers teach, develop and foster the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children, according to age, ability and aptitude. Primary school teachers create daily lesson plans, conduct classroom discussions, administer and grade tests, assign and review homework, and complete individual student assessments.
- Location: Sanford, MB
- Salary: 46,000 to 90,000 annually for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Term or contract (ending: 2023-06-30)
- Start date: Starts as soon as 2023-01-05
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Primary School Teacher Duties and Responsibilities
- Motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative presentation;
- Maintaining discipline;
- Teaching all areas of the primary curriculum;
- Working with others to plan and coordinate work;
- Working with parents to maximise their involvement in the school and the development of resources for the school;
- Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the structure of the curriculum;
- Organising and taking part in school events, outings and activities which may take place at weekends or in the evening;
- Liaising with colleagues and working flexibly, particularly in smaller schools;
- Meeting with other professionals such as education welfare officers and educational psychologists, if required.
- Organising the classroom and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive learning environment;
- Planning, preparing and presenting lessons that cater for the needs of the whole ability range within their class;
- Meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of pupils’ development;
- Providing feedback to parents and carers on a pupil’s progress at parents’ evenings and other meetings;
- Taking responsibility for the progress of a class of primary-age pupils;
- Preparing and marking work to facilitate positive pupil development;
- Coordinating activities and resources within a specific area of the curriculum, and supporting colleagues in the delivery of this specialist area;
Primary School Teacher Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Education.
- Proficient knowledge of teaching strategies and methods.
- Proficient knowledge of applicable laws, policies and procedures.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Availability to work extended hours on occasions.
- Excellent people skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree
1 year to less than 2 years
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Job reference number
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience