Building caretakers take care of apartment houses, hotels, offices, churches and other buildings and maintain them and associeated grounds in a clean and orderly condition. They may supervise other workers and contractors depending on the size and nature of the building concerned.
- Location: Calgary, AB
- Salary: 22.12 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
To ensure the safe operation and upkeep of all sites. The post involves caretaking duties across 3 main buildings, all within walking distance of each other. You would be expected to open and close up the main college building, keep all grounds tidy and weed free, ensure inside and outside of buildings are well stocked and presentable. Conduct minor repairs, various regular cleaning duties, move desks, chairs, boxes, changing light bulbs etc walk around the buildings ensuring the buildings are safe and tidy doing regular checks of high footfall areas such as toilets and smoking areas . Key holder. Working as part of a team and on your own initiative is essential. Health and safety awareness and knowledge is essential. A good service ethos is essential and a can do, proactive, energetic attitude towards your work and people is a must. A good self manager, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritise is also essential.
You will be directly responsible to Operations Manager
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
- Ensure all minor maintenance tasks are completed within the buildings eg, door handles, shelves, painting, tiling, carpeting, leaks, putting up blinds etc
- Up keep of external areas
- Opening up of buildings and closure of buildings daily
- Ensuring wash areas and toilet areas are regularly replenished and kept clean and tidy Ensure all communal areas clean tidy and replenished after each break time
- Movement of furniture, supplies, deliveries etc
- Ensure all furniture and fittings are in full compliance with our standards of safety and comfort.
- Maintain safe conditions and safe working practices within all the facilities.
- Adhere to company and statutory health and safety procedures and policies.
- Ensure all fire signage and equipment is legally compliant and monitored and recorded as per legislation.
- Do weekly fire alarm test for each building
- Do weekly legionella tests
- Liaise with Principal/ Maintenance Manager re organised fire drills
- Clean inside of windows once a week and/or when necessary
- Clean external windows when required
- Upkeep of grounds and gardens on all sites
- Deal with all customers (students, staff, external) with courtesy and promptness at all times.
- Any other duties required by the Operations Manager or the Principal.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- Operate industrial vacuum cleaners to remove scraps, dirt, heavy debris and other refuse
- Make adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling, ventilation, plumbing and electrical systems, and contact tradespersons for major repairs
- Contact contractors for repairs and maintenance of the establishment
- Perform minor repairs on appliances
- Perform safety and security checks
- Perform other routine maintenance jobs such as painting and drywall repair
- Work with minimal supervision
- Clean snow and ice from walkways and parking areas
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
2021 100 Ave NE suite 2000