General farm workers plant, cultivate and harvest crops, raise livestock and poultry and maintain and repair farm equipment and buildings. General farm workers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Plant, fertilize, cultivate, spray, irrigate and harvest crops
- Feed and tend livestock and poultry
- Milk cows
- Perform or assist in performing breeding activities of farm animals
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Follow food safety and security and animal bio-security procedures
- Detect disease and health problems in crops, livestock and poultry
- Examine produce for quality and prepare for market
- Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns, pens and chicken coops
- Maintain or assist in the maintenance of facilities and farm infrastructure including cleaning stables, barns, barnyards and pens.
General farm workers can become specialized in a particular type of crop or livestock production through experience.
Where do they work?
This group includes operators of farm machinery. General farm workers are employed on crop, livestock, fruit, vegetable and specialty farms.
- Location: Langley, BC
- Salary: 15.65 to 16.50 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
7 months to less than 1 year
Work site environment
- Chicken farming
- Hog and pig farming
- Staff accommodation available
- Farm animal grooming
- Feed inventory
- Handling animals
- Monitoring animal health
- Feed and tend animals
- Clean stables, barns, barnyards and pens
- Write daily basic progress reports
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- On-site housing options
- Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter