The high school teacher’s responsibilities include developing lesson plans, delivering content, administering assessments, and providing feedback to students and parents. You should be able to deal with students from varying backgrounds, resolve in-class conflict, and respond well to criticism.
- Location: Mississauga, ON
- Salary: 22.00 to 26.00 hourly for 12 to 16 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Evening, Weekend, Flexible Hours
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are searching for a highly dependable and passionate high school teacher to join our school.
To be successful as a high school teacher, you should be extremely resilient, well-organized, and flexible. Outstanding candidates are able to manage their time, keep abreast of developments in their field, and adjust teaching techniques to suit different students.
High School Teacher Responsibilities:
- Developing lesson plans in the relevant subject area and grade, and ensuring all lessons align with curriculum objectives.
- Drawing up classroom rules and safety regulations and ensuring all students understand them.
- Using a range of teaching materials and methods to deliver content.
- Providing additional support and interventions for struggling students and extra resources to those who are ahead of the class.
- Preparing students for tests, exams, presentations, experiments, and other assessments.
- Grading assessments and providing feedback and reports to students and parents.
- Attending staff and parent meetings to provide helpful recommendations or voice concerns.
- Establishing rapport and professional relationships with students, staff, and parents.
- Supervising students in class, during events, and on field trips.
- Monitoring students’ overall wellbeing and liaising with school counselors and other staff members when there are concerns or issues.
- Attending ongoing learning initiatives like workshops, lectures, conferences, and other events where you are able to expand education networks.
High School Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in the subject area.
- A relevant license, certificate, or registration.
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Resilience and a positive attitude.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Superb interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to establish rapport and build professional relationships with adolescents.
- A high degree of professionalism.
- A growth mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree
1 year to less than 2 years
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
- What is your current field of study?
- What is your current level of study?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of the requested certifications
- Copy of portfolio or relevant work examples
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed
- Writing sample