Job Vacancy in Canada
Veterinarian needed in Canada by Tranquille Road Animal Hospital Ltd.
Veterinarians care for the health of animals and work to protect public health. They diagnose, treat, and research medical conditions and diseases of pets, livestock, and other animals
A Veterinarian is a professional who treats the injuries and illnesses of animals. They use medical tools and x-rays machines to diagnose and treat the animals appropriately. In some situations, they perform emergency surgeries. Overall, they provide services for pets that physicians would for their human counterparts
- Location: Kamloops, BC
- Salary: 86,000 annually for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Veterinarian responsibilities include:
- Examining animals and checking their health status
- Diagnosing illnesses and determining the best treatment
- Dressing the wounds of injured animals
We are looking for a Veterinarian to diagnose and treat our clients’ animals. Our clinic specializes in dogs, cats and occasionally smaller animals.
What does a Veterinarian do?
Your day-to-day as a Vet includes performing surgeries on injured animals, treating wounds, spaying and neutering animals and prescribing medicine. If you love being around animals and are committed to offering them the best possible healthcare, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll act as the point of contact for pet owners, whether it’s to treat illnesses and injuries or to advise on animal nutrition and general care.
- Examine animals and check their health status
- Diagnose illnesses and determine the best treatment
- Dress wounds of injured animals
- Perform dental, ophthalmic and orthopedic surgeries
- Vaccinate animals to prevent diseases
- Spay and neuter cats and dogs as needed
- Prescribe medication
- Advise pet owners on nutrition, preventive healthcare and general care
- Conduct home visits occasionally, in case of emergency
- Update client records
Requirements and skills
- Work experience as a Veterinarian, Veterinary Technician or Veterinarian Assistant
- Experience conducting various types of surgeries, vaccinations and health checks on animals
- Knowledge of medical equipment (e.g. X-ray machines) and anesthesia procedures
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain medical terms and conditions using simple language
- Availability to take evening or weekend shifts in cases of emergency
- Patience and a love for animals
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree
- Degree in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine or optometry
- Veterinary clinic
- Diagnose diseases or abnormal conditions in individual animals, herds and flocks through physical examinations or laboratory tests
- Treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds or performing surgery
- Vaccinate animals to prevent and treat diseases
- Advise clients on feeding, housing, behaviour, breeding, hygiene and general care of animals
- Enforce government regulations in disease control and food production including animal or animal-based food inspection
- Perform routine, emergency and post-mortem examinations
- Provide a range of veterinary services including obstetrics, dentistry and euthanasia
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Work under pressure
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Values and ethics
- Dental plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Other benefits
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply