Job Vacancy in Canada
Recreation leader needed in Canada by WELL BEING SERVICES (CVSV) LTD
Develops, plans, teaches, supervises and coordinates athletic, cultural and social recreation activities to meet the needs and interests of the center residents such as, dancing, ceramics, video games and arts and craft; schedules, assigns and observes the activities of subordinate recreation personnel conducting ..
- Location: Courtenay, BC
- Salary: 25.83 hourly for 37.5 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Financial benefits
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
A recreation leader is responsible for overseeing sports and other extra-curricular activities for nursing homes, youth centers, schools, or parks and recreational departments. Included in a job description for a recreation leader is the ability to encourage others to work as a member of a team while also fostering good sportsmanship and building morale.
Within a given organization, a recreation leader is responsible for overseeing recreational activities and monitoring participants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a Recreation Leader
- Develops sports and recreational programs that are well-suited for a company’s client base
- Schedules the use of facilities so that activities do not conflict with one another
- Ensures the right equipment is on hand for all activities, and that it is also functioning properly
- Orders supplies needed for certain activities
- Advertises the availability of certain activities in order to draw others in
- Oversees other recreational staff members and volunteers
- Secures funding for special projects and events
- Evaluates the effectiveness of certain programs and makes modifications to them as needed
- Adheres to safety practices, and ensures that other participants do likewise
- Is capable of developing a sense of teamwork among others
- Meets and greets participants, and answers any questions they may have about certain programs
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Is familiar with a variety of different sports and activities
- Has a wide range of likes and interests
- Enjoys helping people develop physically, mentally and socially
- Is able to foster a sense of pride and teamwork in others
- Possesses a high level of physical fitness if overseeing sports programs
- Does not discriminate against others based on race, religion, gender, ethnicity or physical handicap
- Possesses good supervisory skills and is able to lead others easily
- Articulates well, and is able to provide instruction on basic activities even to beginners
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
- or equivalent experience
- Therapeutic recreation/recreational therapy
Experience an asset
- As per collective agreement
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter