Environmental program manager needed in Canada by Conuma Resources Limited
An environmental program manager monitors the procedures facilities and organizations perform and advises them on how to minimize their impact on the environment. They are responsible for implementing environmental strategies to decrease damage to the environment.
They also check on reports and evaluate them for issues and concerns that might need immediate attention. They monitor every facility’s compliance and supervise revocation of permits of facilities that cannot follow environmental safety standards.
- Location: Various locations #200 – 235 Front Street Tumbler Ridge, , BC V0C 2W0Chetwynd, , BC V0C 1J0
- Salary: 108,000 to 135,000 annually for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Financial benefits, Long term benefits
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
ENVIRONMENTAL PROGRAM MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
Here are examples of responsibilities from real environmental program manager resumes representing typical tasks they are likely to perform in their roles.
- Lead strategy for voluntary RCRA corrective action.
- Manage environmental restoration waste site characterization activities in support of CERCLA cleanup.
- Provide OSHA, DEP, and EPA compliance for material disposal information and procedures.
- Coordinate intergovernmental aspects of projects, including obtaining EPA primacy approval for a major restructuring of state environmental regulations.
- Produce laboratory MSDS database for OSHA compliance.
- Review, issue and write NPDES and UIC permits.
- Maintain all manifests as well as other federally require RCRA relate documents.
- Respond to internal/external EHS complaints and implement corrective actions.
- Conduct accident/incident investigations, risk/ hazard assessments and EHS audits.
- Provide innovative solutions to the mining NPDES program operating procedures.
- Supervise facility and material flow diagram design/drafting via AutoCAD, and final permit renewal application documents preparation for TCEQ evaluation/approval.
- Work experience also includes evaluating the efficiency of the currently install LFG extraction system and designing any recommend modifications and expansions.
- Bachelor’s degree
2 years to less than 3 years
- Conduct research
- Advise on policies and physical, social and psychological interrelationships between persons, their equipment and environments
- Ensure products and work methods maximize safety, productivity and comfort
- Study, evaluate and control physical, chemical, biological and ergonomics hazards and stresses in the workplace and suggest changes to work processes
- Provide consulting services to government and other organizations
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Fast-paced environment
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
Long term benefits
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply