Job Vacancy in Canada
Taxi Drivers needed in Canada by Hope Taxi
Also known as cab drivers, taxi drivers transport clients to their destinations via automobile. Taxi drivers are usually paid according to the distance and time taken to complete each trip.
- Location: 539 5th AvenueHope, BCV0X 1L0
- Salary: 19.23 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Financial benefits
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking for a friendly, experienced taxi driver to join our company. The taxi driver’s responsibilities include collecting clients, transporting them to their destinations, and processing payments. You should also ensure that each journey remains safe and pleasant.
To be successful as a taxi driver, you should be punctual, reliable, and excellent at time management. An outstanding taxi driver will ensure that the vehicle remains stocked with supplies that may be of interest to clients, which includes items such as daily papers.
Taxi Driver Responsibilities:
- Collecting clients at the start of their journey.
- Assisting clients with the loading and unloading of their baggage and other personal belongings, as needed.
- Starting and stopping the taximeter at the correct times.
- Selecting the fastest route to the client’s destination, unless otherwise requested.
- Driving clients to their destinations.
- Informing clients of services and attractions that may be of interest to them.
- Adhering to road regulations.
- Ensuring that clients remain safe throughout the journey.
- Processing cash payments, ensuring that you carry sufficient change at all times.
- Ensuring that the vehicle remains clean and in excellent working condition.
Taxi Driver Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Valid license or permit to transport passengers.
- Clear criminal record.
- Prior experience in a similar position.
- Familiarity with GPS software.
- Well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work shifts, on weekends, and on public holidays, as needed.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
7 months to less than 1 year
- Clean and make minor repairs to vehicle
- Pick up passengers and drive them to destinations
- Assist passengers with luggage and in boarding vehicles
- Take vehicle for servicing
- Collect fare
- Assist clients/guests with special needs
- Record transactions
- Provide pick up and delivery services on request
- Operate dispatch systems
- Maintain work records and logs
Certificates, licences, memberships, and courses
- Provincial or Territorial Commercial Vehicle licence (Class 4 or E)
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply