Baker needed in Canada by Specialty Bakery
Bakers use their understanding of ingredients and food preparation to craft recipes and create baked goods. They measure and mix raw ingredients, bake and decorate items, and ensure that all raw and finished goods adhere to quality and food safety standards.
- Location: 101-833 Finns RoadKelowna, BCV1X 5B8
- Salary: 21.00 hourlyfor 35 hours per 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employmentFull time
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Early Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits
- vacancies: 3 vacancies
We are searching for skilled, creative bakers who strive to provide excellent baked items and service in an efficient, professional manner. The baker will design, execute, and improve recipes, perform quality checks on ingredients and finished products, use icing, glazes, fillings, and decorations to enhance item presentation, and process orders from customers. You will also greet customers, answer questions, clean workstations and equipment, and perform other duties to ensure that customer needs are satisfied and the bakery is well-stocked and operating smoothly.
To be a successful baker, you should be efficient and friendly with a focus on food quality and customer satisfaction. You should be organized, decisive, attentive, and possess a strong understanding of baking techniques.
- Designing and improving recipes.
- Measuring and combining ingredients and using mixers, blenders, heat sources, and other equipment to make baked goods, such as cookies, bread, cakes, etc.
- Decorating and displaying finished products.
- Testing ingredients and finished goods to ensure that each item meets food safety and quality controls.
- Greeting customers, answering questions, making recommendations, accepting orders and payments, and providing exceptional customer service.
- Keeping records relating to deliveries, inventory, and production levels.
- Taking client information and ensuring that deliveries are fulfilled accurately and on time.
- Cleaning and restocking workstations and ensuring that all equipment is sanitized and prepared for the next shift.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- More education or experience may be preferred.
- Strong communication, time and resource management, and planning skills.
- Attention to detail, especially when performing quality inspections on ingredients and products.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Willingness to work independently or with other team members to solve problems, plan schedules, fulfill orders, and create amazing baked goods.
- Flexibility to work around customer demands, including early morning, night, weekend, and holiday availability.
- Ability to work in a hot, hectic environment; stand, walk, bend, use hands and appliances; and lift heavy items for extended periods.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 to less than 7 months
- Bake shop
- Prepare dough for pies, bread, rolls and sweet goods, batters for muffins, cookies and cakes and icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders
- Bake mixed dough and batters
- Prepare special orders
- Frost and decorate cakes and baked goods
- Ensure that the quality of products meets established standards
- Operate machinery
Experience and specialization
- Breads and rolls
- Desserts and pastries
- Cake decorating
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply