Job Vacancy in Canada
Corporate sales manager needed in Canada by POS King Software Inc.
Corporate Sales Managers manage and develop a corporation’s sales team. In addition to their managerial responsibilities, Corporate Sales Managers are still on the front lines negotiating deals with clients. They also have HR responsibilities, such as training new team members and coming up with improvement plans for under performing employees. This is typically a business-to-business sales role, so any large company dealing in B2B sales employs Corporate Sales Managers. The work environment is your standard office setting, although traveling for meetings is common. Corporate Sales Managers are also expected to attend industry events and conferences to maintain a robust network.
- Location: 13071 Vanier PlaceRichmond, BCV6V 2J1
- Salary: 54.00 hourlyfor 35 hours per 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employmentFull time
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
Corporate Sales Managers perform a variety of duties in their quest to get maximum productivity out of their sales team. We analyzed several Corporate Sales Manager job descriptions to come up with the following list of the most common duties and responsibilities.
Hire and Train Sales Team
Corporate Sales Managers are only as effective as the teams they develop. Although this isn’t an HR position, Corporate Sales Managers are heavily involved in the hiring process for their team. They are also responsible for on boarding new members of the sales team.
Create Sales Pitch and Materials
All materials and pitches used by the sales team are developed by the Corporate Sales Manager, under the direction of the Director of Sales. This involves using market research to create pitches and materials that best reach the target audience.
Work With Director of Sales on Marketing Plan
Corporate Sales Managers must be comfortable working with superiors, as part of their responsibility involves working directly with the Director of Sales to create the marketing plan for a given campaign.
Conduct Sales Meetings With Clients
In addition to their managerial responsibilities, Corporate Sales Managers still have a sales quota of their own. They typically work on their employer’s most important accounts.
Keep Track of Communication With Clients
Corporate Sales Managers are typically experts in Client Relationship Management (CRM) Software, which allows them to keep track of the communication between their team members and their clients.
Corporate Sales Manager Skills
Being a Corporate Sales Manager requires many soft skills, but there are a couple of technical skills possessed by those who excel at this position. It requires someone who thrives in a leadership role and isn’t afraid to shoulder the blame when things go wrong. It also requires someone who has compassion and can motivate their team members to do their best work. The following are some of the skills desired by employers of Corporate Sales Managers.
- Developing sales pitches and materials using self-conducted market analysis
- Developing sales talent through the use of sales management techniques
- Using CRM software to monitor team-client communication
- Teaching sales team closing techniques and how to negotiate for the best possible deal
- Keeping employees motivated through use of compassion and other interpersonal skills
Corporate Sales Manager Tools of the Trade
Here are a few tools used by Corporate Sales Managers.
CRM Software – This software is used to keep track of all the communication between team members and clients.
Spreadsheets – Spreadsheets are used to organize market analysis.
Adobe Suite – Adobe products like Photoshop and Illustrator may be used in the creation of sales materials.
3 years to less than 5 years
- Arrange training for staff
- Conduct performance reviews
- Plan and control budget and expenditures
- Work with the marketing department to understand and communicate marketing messages to the field
- Determine strategic planning related to new product lines
- Establish organizational policies and procedures in relation to sales
- Lead sales team in building relationships with business clients and manage negotiations of sales contracts
- Organize regional and divisional sales operations
- Plan, direct and evaluate the activities of sales departments in commercial, industrial, wholesale and retail and other establishments
- Recruit, organize, train and manage staff
- Team player
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply