Job Vacancy in Canada
Flagperson/Flaggers needed in Canada by HGC Management Inc.
Flaggers are typically employed by government agencies, or construction companies to control the flow of traffic around road construction sites. They erect warning and detour signs, position traffic cones and barricades, and inform the construction crew of any safety hazards.
- Location: Whitby, ON
- Salary: 17.25 hourlyfor 40 hours per 40 to 44 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employmentFull time
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking to hire a dedicated and observant flagger to monitor the flow of traffic around road construction sites. The flagger’s responsibilities include informing motorists of possible detour routes, reporting disobedient drivers to law enforcement officials, and answering motorists’ questions. You should also be able to direct emergency vehicles safely through construction zones as required.
To be successful as a flagger, you should have excellent communication skills and be able to work effectively as part of a team. Ultimately, a top-notch flagger should demonstrate a sound knowledge of state traffic regulations as well as exceptional observation skills.
- Using hand signals and direction signs to direct traffic around road construction sites.
- Communicating with other flaggers using hand-held radios to direct two-way traffic onto a single lane.
- Informing the construction crew of any traffic issues that may affect their safety.
- Appropriately positioning warning and detour signs around construction sites.
- Setting up barricades and traffic cones along construction sites to cordon off certain areas.
- Removing all signs, barricades, and traffic cones upon completion of construction work.
- Assisting the construction crew in the removal of rubble, debris, and hazardous materials.
- Recording the license plate numbers of motorists who neglect to obey traffic signs and directions.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification through the American Traffic Safety Services Association (ATSSA).
- Proven experience working as a flagger.
- Sound knowledge of state traffic regulations.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to work in harsh weather conditions.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional observation skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- No degree, certificate or diploma
1 to less than 7 months
- Own transportation
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Team player
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Job reference number
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?