New Jobs in Canada
Gas station supervisor needed in Canada by Pioneer Gas Station
To deliver excellent customer service by ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the Station and platform-train interface. Lead, performance manage and develop other Station Staff to reach their full potential and deliver excellent service in accordance with relevant policies, procedures and standards.
- Location: North York, ON
- Salary: 22.00 hourlyfor 35 hours per 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employmentFull time
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
Manage the day to day performance of station staff to ensure the effective operation of the station, including the booking on/off of staff, assessing their suitability to commence duties and monitoring their performance throughout the shift.
Maintain a safe, secure and customer friendly environment by ensuring compliance to all LUL’s company standards and various local and network instructions. Inspect the entire station premises as according to Sa115 of the Working Reference Manual and ensure effective remedial action is taken where required.
Deal effectively and appropriately with platform train interface situations by providing dwell time management to enhance train service delivery times, ensuring platform areas are effectively staffed, that train service disruption is minimised and that lost time is avoided. Ensure that station controls facilitate speedy flow of customers to minimise platform congestion. Ensure PA announcements provide safety information and train
destination information to customers.
Implement all necessary safety related procedures including detrainment, evacuation and congestion control, liaising with emergency services and senior management e.g. Incident Officer, Duty Operations Manager, etc. Keep customers informed about service disruptions and provide alternative route suggestions.
Control train and station related incidents e.g. power failure, passenger accident, as necessary to minimise service disruption and lost time, taking charge of serious incidents until the arrival of senior managers. Keep customers informed about service disruptions and provide alternative route suggestions.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Assign sales workers to duties
- Order merchandise
- Authorize return of merchandise
- Sell merchandise
- Prepare reports on sales volumes, merchandising and personnel matters
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of workers
- Train and supervise staff
- Inspect sites or facilities to ensure safety and cleanliness standards
- Perform same duties as workers supervised
- 1 to 2 people
- Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Attention to detail
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Health care plan
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?