Job Vacancy in Canada
Network support technician needed inn Canada by VK ENTERPRISES LTD.
Network support technicians develop and maintain IT networks. They monitor network performance, optimize server capacity, and secure networks and data. They also repair network errors at client locations and perform network upgrades.
- Location: Edmonton, AB
- Salary: 38.00 hourlyfor 37.5 hours per 37.5 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employmentFull time
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 1 vacancy
We are looking for a results-driven network support technician to enhance and secure our business’s computer network. You will be analyzing our network’s performance, collaborating with our IT department to increase network capacity, and providing IT support.
To ensure success as a network support technician, you should exhibit extensive knowledge of network infrastructure and experience in a similar role. A first-class network support technician will be someone whose network expertise translates into the fast, stable, and secure exchange of business information.
Network Support Technician Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with the IT department on the deployment and maintenance of network technologies.
- Enhancing intranet performance and creating internet domains.
- Testing the exchange of data between computers, servers, modems, and routers.
- Installing, configuring, and updating network software, as well as maintaining hardware and network devices.
- Performing diagnostic tests and repairs, as well as developing data archiving, backup, and retrieval procedures.
- Optimizing server capacity to keep up with demand in online traffic.
- Testing network protocols and ensuring stable and secure server connectivity.
- Training junior IT personnel, providing onsite or remote or technical support, and preparing user manuals.
- Documenting network processes and layouts, as well as enhancing network security.
- Keeping abreast of developments in network infrastructure and technologies.
Network Support Technician Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or similar.
- Certified Microsoft, CompTIA, or Cisco network professional preferred.
- At least two years’ experience as a network support technician.
- In-depth knowledge of network infrastructure, architecture, connectivity, and security.
- Superb analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Willingness to travel to client locations.
- Availability to perform urgent network repairs outside of business hours.
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
1 year to less than 2 years
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Willing to relocate
- Telecommunications industry
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks and computer workstations and peripheral equipment
- Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software and operating system software
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and to co-ordinate access and use of computer networks
- Load computer tapes and disks and install software and printer paper and forms
- Provide problem-solving services to network users
- Implement data, software and hardware security procedures
- Perform routine network start up and close down and maintain control records
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade Web-server hardware and software
- Set up local area networks and connections to the Internet
- Implement network traffic and security monitoring software, and optimize server performance
- Modify Web pages, applets and scripts
- Research and apply meta-data to Websites and register Websites with search engines
- Respond to requests for help and information from Website visitors and Website designers
- Perform Web-server backup and recovery operations
- Supervise technical staff
- 1 to 2 people
- 3-4 people
Security and safety
- Basic security clearance
- Willing to travel
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Sound discrimination
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Internet access
- Client focus
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Older workers, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply