Job Vacancy in Canada
Cook needed in Canada by Mucho Burrito
A Cook plans, prepares, and cooks food items to ensure the highest quality service and experience for customers. They help keep the kitchen organized and running efficiently. They ensure proper food handling, sanitation and following food storage procedures.
- Location: Lethbridge, AB
- Salary: 16.50 hourlyfor 30 hours per 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employmentFull time
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking for a skilled Cook to prepare delicious meals according to menu. You will cook dishes that will delight our customers with their taste and timely delivery.
An excellent cook must be able to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. They must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
The goal is to help preserve and enhance our reputation so we can expand our clientele.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as cook
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
- Free parking available
- Parking available
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent or temporary residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
This job posting includes screening questions. Please answer the following questions when applying:
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is your current level of study?