Jobs in Canada
Dishwasher needed in Canada by Boston Pizza
Maintains a clean kitchen, properly washes and sorts soiled dishes, and preps foods as needed. Keeps dish area free of clutter and organized. Sets up dish stations, including dish machines and sinks. Maintains clean / dry floors throughout the shift.
- Location: 5801 Marine WayBurnaby, BCV5J 0A6
- Salary: 17.00 hourlyfor 40 hours per 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employmentFull time
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Flexible Hours, To be determined, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking for an expert Dishwasher to work in our restaurant’s kitchen. You will be responsible for the cleanliness and sanitization of the dishes and other utensils.
As a Dishwasher, you will indirectly assist us in providing an outstanding dining experience for our clients. You will be responsible to collect used utensils and clean the same. You should ensure the utmost care while unloading and loading the dishwasher with utensils.
You should also stack the washed items in an organized manner. Delicate items like cutlery or glasses should be cleaned very carefully. You should be able to maintain cleanliness around our kitchen area throughout the cleaning process. You should also be available to work in night shifts.
If you feel you are perfect for this role, we would like to meet you. You can send in your applications to us right away.
- Assemble used kitchenware (e.g. utensils, dishes, plates) from the dining and kitchen area.
- Unload and load the dishwasher with the utensils to be cleaned.
- Wash particular delicate items by hand like china dishes, cutting boards, mixers, etc.
- Organize washed kitchenware and kitchen appliances in a proper way.
- Clean dishes manually and in dishwashers as and when required.
- Clean the kitchen area like slabs, floor, etc. regularly.
- Clean and set up the cook station before meal preparation begins.
- Ensure that the food and condiments storage areas are thoroughly cleaned.
- Restock dining area with enough clean utensils particularly during peak hours.
- Manage the stock of cleaning supplies like dishwashing soaps, detergents, etc. Place orders of washing supplies when required.
- Check the operation of the dishwasher regularly.
- Report any performance or technical issue in the dishwasher immediately.
- Report sanitation issues promptly.
- Assist your team with different tasks as assigned.
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Bring clean dishes, flatware and other items to serving areas and set tables
- Clean and sanitize items such as dishwasher mats, carts and waste disposal units
- Clear and clean tables, trays and chairs
- Operate dishwashers to wash dishes, glassware and flatware
- Place dishes in storage area
- Stock refrigerators and salad bars
- Use manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs
- Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment
- Remove kitchen garbage and trash
- Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors
- Public transportation is available
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Repetitive tasks
- Standing for extended periods
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply